20-21 September 2017
26-27 September 2017
Rotorua, NEW ZEALAND
26-27 September 2017, Rotorua, NEW ZEALAND
What’s Planned for 2017?
Two years ago – over two weeks – FIEA’s WoodTECH conference series achieved a record turnout of sawmilling companies drawn from throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Over 350 delegates from all major sawmilling companies in the region in addition to leading technology providers from throughout Australasia, North America and Europe converged on Melbourne, Australia and Rotorua, New Zealand.
Two years later, in September 2017, WoodTECH 2017 will again be attracting scanning and sawing technology specialists, innovators and leading practitioners from around the world. The two-day programmes will provide;
New Technology Updates
A focused and independent platform will showcase the very latest in wood scanning, sawmilling, and mill optimisation technologies from around the globe. This will be achieved through a series of tailored presentations and on-site exhibitions.
Key companies presenting include; USNR, US/Canada, Autolog, Canada, HewSaw, Finland, MiCROTEC, Italy, ScanWare, Sweden, JoeScan, USA
World Class Workshops
For the first time in Australia and New Zealand, a series of practical workshops have been set up for local mills. They’re aimed at sawmill production and operational staff. They’ll provide a unique insight into how sawmills can extract the best performance out of their saws, their machine centres and sawing operations. Workshops of between 60-120 minutes are being given on;
- Quality & lumber size control
- Troubleshooting and improving bandmill, gang and board edger performance
- Selecting, operating and maintaining log carriage and optimiser (softwood and hardwood) operations)
- Sawguide selection, installation, operation and maintenance
The objective this year is to encourage sawmill teams – management, mill production, saw-doctors and maintenance staff – to take advantage of the line-up of international specialists being brought into the region to work alongside local mills. This will ensure that teams can collectively put the practical learnings into practice once back on site.
Workshop presenters include; Nick Barrett, SiCam Systems, Canada, Joe Shields, USNR, USA, Harry Penn, USNR, Canada, Marv Bernhagen, Lewis Controls, USA, Chuck Boaz, Corley Manufacturing, USA, Ralph Wijesinghe, Canada (Author of the Bandmill Book), Josh Bergen, Precision Manufacturing, Canada, Udo Jahn, Modern Engineering, Canada.
Who Will Attend?
The New Zealand and Australian wood processing industry, including:
- Sawmill site managers
- Sawmill green-mill, production and engineering managers
- Mill supervisors, maintenance and production staff
- Mill and lumber Q.C. personnel
- Local and international equipment, product and service suppliers
Sign up to free updates on all the latest WoodTECH developments.
Past Event – WoodTECH 2015
WoodTECH 2015 saw record numbers of Australasia’s sawmilling companies and local and international tech providers turn up. Details of those key suppliers from around the world involved in the series can be seen below. Two two-day events, one in Melbourne, Australia and the other in Rotorua, New Zealand ran with over 350 participating in the technology series run by the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA).
Key companies exhibiting in WoodTECH 2015 included;
Comact, Canada, USNR,USA/Canada, HewSaw, Finland, MiCROTEC, Italy, ScanMeg, Canada, Brunson Instrument Company, USA/UK, AriVislanda, Sweden, CalSaw, USA, JoeScan, USA, Checkmate Precision Cutting Tools, NZ,
Andritz Pulp & Paper, NZ, Metriguard, USA, HOLTEC Timber Technology, NZ, Keyknife/Braford Industries, Australia, WoodEye, Sweden, Thode Knife & Saw, Australia/NZ, Southern Cross Engineering, Australia/NZ, Signode, Australia/NZ, Automation & Electronics, NZ, Calibre Equipment, NZ, Lewis Controls/Corley Manufacturing, USA
Lucidyne Technologies, USA, Acora, Australia, Supply Services, NZ, Worksafe NZ, NZ, SEW Eurodrive, NZ, Packaging House, NZ, Brevini NZ, NZ, Competenz, NZ, Autolog, Canada, Soderhamn, Sweden, Skookum Technology, NZ, CarboTech International, Canada, EWD, Germany, DO2, Canada, Gilbert, Canada, SPRINGER, Austria, Finlease, Australia.
We have worked closely with a wide range of New Zealand and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme. The programme AND full event brochure is available to view below.
|Session 1: A World Tour - Technology updates on global advances in sawmilling, wood scanning & mill optimisation|
|TECH Talks - Short presentations on new product innovations|
|Session 2: Thinking Outside the Square - Disruptive technologies that will change how sawmillers run their business|
|Session 3: Minimising risk within the mill|
|Workshop 1: Quality Control & Lumber Size Control|
|Session 4: Understanding and getting the very best out of your sawing operations|
|Workshop 2: Troubleshooting & Improving Mill (Bandmill, Gang & Board Edger) Performance|
|Workshop 3: Selecting, Operating and Correctly Maintaining your Log Carriage and Optimiser|
|Workshop 4: Saw Guide Selection, Installation, Operation and Maintenance to Improve Sawing Accuracy|
|Interactive Focus Group Discussions|
FIEA Event Partners
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
WoodTECH 2017 sponsorship and exhibition details for both New Zealand and Australia are available. Exhibition spaces are, once again, filling quickly. If you would like to register your interest, please use the included form. Updates on the planned series will also be provided regularly through the region’s most widely read e-newsletters, www.fridayoffcuts.com and www.woodweek.com.
WoodTECH 2015 offered a tremendous opportunity for companies involved in wood scanning, sawing and mill optimisation technologies to maximize their exposure to New Zealand and Australia’s wood processing and manufacturing companies.
Record numbers of key suppliers from throughout Australia, New Zealand, the US, Canada, Sweden, Finland, the UK and Italy were involved in WoodTECH 2015.
Feedback from all those participating has been overwhelmingly positive with a significant amount of business being done over the two weeks that the WoodTECH 2015 series ran. It was the largest ever gathering yet seen of sawmilling companies and suppliers at one place in both Australia and New Zealand. Exhibition spaces for this event were at a premium and a number who registered interest closer to the events running were unfortunately unable to be accommodated.
FIEA has a well-deserved reputation of providing both sponsors and exhibitors with a unique platform for promoting their products and services to the industry in BOTH New Zealand and Australia. For a full range of event sponsorship options, partnership arrangements and advertising opportunities, please complete the web form or contact;
Gordon Thomson, Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard Rate RATE STARTS 19 Aug 2017
$960+ GSTSingle Rate $960
Dinner is $80 + GST
Group (3-5) Same Company
$760+ GST Each3 to 5 delegates
Dinner is $80 + GST
Group (6+) Same Company
$590+ GST EACH6 or more Delegates
Dinner is $80 + GST
Supporters With Discount Code
$840+ GSTSingle Rate
Dinner is $80 + GST
- The conference above rates are per person and do not include registration for the conference dinner.
- All prices exclude 10% GST for the Australian event and 15% GST for New Zealand event.
- A credit card fee of 2.2% applies to credit card transactions for the Australian event and 2.5% for the New Zealand event.
- Attendance to the conference dinner is optional and will be charged at the rate above if selected. The conference dinner is on the evening of Day One of both events.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) member discounts of 10-25% apply on ALL listed Conference Rates. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz. Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- Supporting Associations (Supporters) are listed via this link.
- To be eligible for the Early Bird rate, registrations and payment must be received on or BEFORE the due date listed above. All discounts require payment at time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- Any discounts offered (including group discounts) require payment at the time of registration.
- Your conference registration payment covers the morning and afternoon teas, lunches, refreshments, a conference handbook and access to presentations (electronic download for those presentations where presenter approval has been given).
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations before Friday 18 August 2017 a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable but are transferrable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the programme when required.
- Click here for our full terms and conditions.
Since 1998 the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA), a division of Innovatek Ltd, has run an extensive series of technology related events for Australasian forest products companies. Over 200 conferences, trade shows and exhibitions have been run for local companies.
FIEA’s objective is to improve the performance and productive capability of forestry and wood products companies in the region. It is now recognized as one of the most effective information providers for the Australasian forestry & wood products industries.
FIEA Contact Details
(+64) 7 921 1382
1800 126 398 (from Australia)
Forest Industry Engineering Association
Building X91, Sala Street,
Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
PO Box 1230,
Rotorua 3040, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 7 921 1382
Forest Industry Engineering Association
c/o Distinction Dunedin Hotel,
6 Liverpool Street,
Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
PO Box 904,
Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 3 470 1902
Forest Industry Engineering Association: A division of Innovatek Ltd